Hanley's Farm Flood Detention Dams
The Hanley's Farm Detention Dams are two zoned embankment dams providing stormwater attenuation to the Hanley's Farm Subdivision at Jacks Point, Queenstown.
The dams are ~5-10m high with the potential to each store close to 20,000 m3 in an extreme flood. The dams were designed and constructed to a very high standard utilizing site-won materials.
GeoSolve provided specialist geotechnical and dam engineering services involving:
- Geotechnical investigation of dam sites and borrow areas
- Potential impact classification based on hypothetical dam break scenarios
- Geotechnical design and specification of the dam structures
- Construction supervision and signoff
- Development of an Operational, Maintenance and Surveillance Manual for the dams